PRIVACY / Terms of Service
What And How Is RE: THE AUDITORS Collecting Information?
Every computer connected to the Internet is given a domain name and a set of numbers, which serve as that computer’s “Internet Protocol” IP address. When a visitor requests a page from any website within the RE: THE AUDITORS site, our web servers automatically recognize that visitor’s domain name and IP address. The domain name and IP address reveal nothing personal about that visitor other than the IP address from which such visitor has accessed the RE: THE AUDITORS website. We use this information to examine our traffic in aggregate, but do not generally collect and evaluate this information for individuals. Our web servers do not record e-mail addresses of the visitors. However, we may determine what technology is available through your browser in order to provide you with the most appropriate version of a web page.
What Are Cookies?
What Information Does RE: THE AUDITORS Collect When I Register For Something?
RE: THE AUDITORS offers access to some services that are free but that require registration. When you register online, you may be required to provide the following personally identifiable information (“PII”): your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, zip code, your Internet connection, cable provider or any other identifier that permits us to contact you. We may use your PII to send notification of RE: THE AUDITORS products and services by e-mail and/or postal mail. We do not share your PII with anyone unless you authorize this.
What Other Information Does RE: THE AUDITORS Request?
We may also request your e-mail address or mailing address for the purposes of conducting surveys or providing additional services (for example, subscriptions to e-mail newsletters, announcement lists, or information about programs/seminars). Whenever we request the identity of a visitor, we will clearly indicate the purpose of the inquiry before the information is requested. We maintain a strict “No-Spam” policy that means that we do not intend to sell, rent, or otherwise give your e-mail address to a third-party, without your consent. In addition, RE: THE AUDITORS will not send you email that you have not agreed to receive. We may from time to time send e-mail announcing RE: THE AUDITORS and RE: THE AUDITORS partner promotions and announcements. Any e-mail sent to you by RE: THE AUDITORS will include a process by which you may indicate that you wish to opt out of receiving future, similar e-mails. When you sign up for an RE: THE AUDITORS user id as part of the commenting feature, your name or alias and password are recorded solely for purposes of maintaining your own account within the forums. This information is not used to monitor your activity within a commenting feature, nor is it used to identify you outside the RE: THE AUDITORS site in any way.
When you enter a contest or other promotion, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners. RE: THE AUDITORS may share this information with third parties serving as RE: THE AUDITORS‘s partners in such contests or promotions.
Will RE: THE AUDITORS Disclose The Information It Collects To Outside Third Parties?
RE: THE AUDITORS will disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to:
2. Protect and defend the person, rights or property of RE: THE AUDITORS employees, or visitors to the RE: THE AUDITORS website;
4. Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities. Third parties who provide hosting services or other day-to-day services that make possible the operation of this website may have access to information that you provide to the extent they require access to our databases to service the website. We use reasonable precautions to keep the information disclosed to RE: THE AUDITORS secure.
RE: THE AUDITORS reserves the right to transfer information in connection with the sale of all or part of RE: THE AUDITORS‘s capital stock or assets or a merger transaction. Furthermore, we are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the information.
RE: THE AUDITORS also links to a wide variety of other websites and contains advertisements of third parties. We are not responsible for their privacy policies or how they treat information about their users.
What Else Should I Know About My Privacy When Online?
What Else Should I Know About My Privacy When Online?
This website is operated in the United States of America. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide will be transferred to the United States. By using this website you consent to this transfer. Please keep in mind that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online – for example through e-mail, discussion lists, or elsewhere – that information can be collected and used by others. In short, if you post personal information online that is accessible to the public, you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties in return. Ultimately, you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your personal information. Please be careful and responsible whenever you’re online.
RE: THE AUDITORS will maintain any PII you provide for as long as commercially reasonable (as determined by RE: THE AUDITORS in its sole discretion) or until you opt out of receiving RE: THE AUDITORS newsletters and/or e-mails.
How Does RE: THE AUDITORS Keep The Information It Collects Secure?
Our hosting provider has implemented a variety of commercially standard security technologies and procedures to protect information, including your PPI, stored in their computer systems from unauthorized access. Please be aware that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications, and other users may abuse or misuse your personal information that they collect from the RE: THE AUDITORS website. Therefore, although we work very hard to protect your privacy, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your PPI will always remain private. We also maintain standard physical and electronic procedural safeguards that limit access to your PII to our employees (or people working on our behalf and under confidentiality agreements) who, through the course of standard business activities, need to access your PII.
This Web Site is offered and made available only to users 13 years of age or older. If you are not yet 13 years old, please discontinue using this Web Site immediately. In addition, if, for any reason, you do not agree with all of the terms and conditions contained herein, please discontinue using the Web Site immediately. The Web Site and the information contained or referenced herein are for informational and entertainment purposes only. Despite our efforts to provide useful and accurate information, errors may appear from time to time. Before you act on information you’ve found on the Web Site, you should confirm any facts that are important to your decision. RE: THE AUDITORS and the information providers for the Web Site make no warranty as to the reliability, accuracy, timeliness, usefulness or completeness of the information on the Web Site. RE: THE AUDITORS is not responsible for, and cannot guarantee the performance of, goods and services provided by our advertisers or others to whose web sites we link.
2. Ownership Of Intellectual Property All Web Site software, design, text, images, photographs, illustrations, audio and video material, artwork, graphic material, database, proprietary information and all copyrightable or otherwise legally protected elements of the Web Site including, without limitation, the selection, sequence and “look and feel” and arrangement of items (individually and/or collectively “Material”), are the property of RE: THE AUDITORS, its subsidiaries, affiliates, licensors or suppliers and are legally protected, without limitation, under the U.S. federal and sate, as well as applicable foreign, laws, regulations and treaties. RE: THE AUDITORS may add, change, discontinue, remove or suspend any of the Material at any time, without notice and without liability. No Materials may be downloaded from the Web Site for any purpose except when expressly allowed. Any reproduction, copying or redistribution for commercial purposes of the Materials or design elements of the Web Site is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of RE: THE AUDITORS or its owner if RE: THE AUDITORS is not the owner. All rights in the product names, company names, trade names, logos, product packaging and designs of RE: THE AUDITORS or third-party products or services whether or not appearing in large print or with the trademark symbol, belong exclusively to RE: THE AUDITORS, as applicable, or their respective owners, and are protected from reproduction, imitation, dilution or confusing or misleading uses under national and international trademark and copyright laws, as applicable. The use or misuse of these trademarks or any Materials, except as permitted herein, is expressly prohibited and nothing stated or implied on this Web Site confers on you any license or right under any patent, copyright or trademark of RE: THE AUDITORS or any third party.
3. Copyright Agent Pursuant to the terms of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, RE: THE AUDITORS has designated a Copyright Agent to receive notice of claims of copyright infringement on the Web Site. RE: THE AUDITORS‘s Copyright Agent may be reached by e-mail at email@example.com. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement please promptly provide the Copyright Agent the following information: (a) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest; (b) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed; (c) a description of where the Material that you claim is infringing is located on the Web Site; (d) your address, telephone number and e-mail address; (e) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; (f) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are either the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
4. Links: This Web Site may contain links to other web sites (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under the control of RE: THE AUDITORS and RE: THE AUDITORS does not endorse nor is it responsible or liable for the contents of the Linked Sites. RE: THE AUDITORS is not responsible for the availability or accuracy of the Linked Sites. RE: THE AUDITORS provides any Linked Sites to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any such Linked Sites is not an endorsement by RE: THE AUDITORS in favor of any company offering Internet services, products or services on the Linked Sites. Other sites may link without prior permission to the Web Site’s home page only through a plain-text link. Permission must otherwise be granted by RE: THE AUDITORS for any other type of link to the Web Site.
To seek our permission, you may write to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any third party web site that links to the Web Site (a) shall not create a frame, browse or border environment around any of the content of the Web Site; (b) shall not replicate the Web Site content; (c) shall not imply that RE: THE AUDITORS is endorsing or sponsoring it or its products or services; (d) shall not present false information about RE: THE AUDITORS or its products or services; (e) shall not use RE: THE AUDITORS trademarks without the prior written permission of RE: THE AUDITORS; and (f) shall not contain content that could be construed as distasteful, offensive, obscene or controversial.
5. No Solicitation: You agree not to use the Web Site to advertise or to solicit anyone to buy or sell products or services or to make donations of any kind without the express written approval of RE: THE AUDITORS.
6. No Spamming: From time to time, users of this Web Site post their e-mail addresses in RE: THE AUDITORS comment or posting areas. You agree not to utilize these e-mail addresses for purposes of spamming (i.e., sending unsolicited e-mail).
7. Comment functions and other forums: RE: THE AUDITORS moderates every comment before posting to the site. RE: THE AUDITORS approves but does not guarantee the accuracy of any blog post regardless of whether the posting comes from a member of RE: THE AUDITORS‘s staff or from a guest. RE: THE AUDITORS is not responsible for any material posted in a comment or forum section and is not responsible or liable to any person or entity for any loss, damage (whether actual, consequential, punitive or otherwise), injury, claim, liability or other cause of any kind or character based upon or resulting from any material provided through the Web Site.
By submitting material to the Web Site, you are representing that you are the owner of the material or are making your submission with the express consent of the owner. Submitting material that is the property of another, without the consent of its owner, is not only a violation of this agreement but may also subject you to legal liability for copyright, trademark or other intellectual property infringement. All material you submit to the Web Site becomes the sole and exclusive property of RE: THE AUDITORS. RE: THE AUDITORS may reproduce, distribute, display, exhibit and otherwise exploit that material in all markets and media now known or hereafter devised throughout the Universe in perpetuity without payment of any compensation or other consideration to you. You hereby waive all moral rights you may have in and to that material. RE: THE AUDITORS does not consider any material you submit to the Web Site to be confidential or proprietary.
8. Promotions And Contests: The Web Site may contain sweepstakes and other contests and promotions that require you to send material or information about yourself. Those sweepstakes, contests or promotions may be governed by a separate set of rules that may have eligibility requirements. It is your responsibility to read such rules to determine whether your participation, registration and/or entry is valid. You agree to read and comply with such rules before entering any sweepstakes, contests or promotions on the Web Site.
9. Membership And Registration: Certain areas of this Web Site may require you to register or provide information to participate in certain features or access certain content. Your decision to provide that information is purely optional. If you elect not to provide that information, however, you may not be able to access that area, feature or content. If you elect to provide that information, you agree to provide information that is true and accurate. You may also be required to choose a user name and password. It is your responsibility alone to ensure the confidentiality of that name and password. You agree not to register under the name of any other person. RE: THE AUDITORS reserves the right to reject any user name that is, in RE: THE AUDITORS‘s sole and absolute judgment, offensive. You agree to notify RE: THE AUDITORS of any unauthorized use of your user name and/or password. You must be at least 13 years old to use or register on the Web Site.
10. Purchase Of Merchandise: In the event any merchandise or services are offered for sale via this Web Site which are listed at an incorrect price or contain other incorrect information, RE: THE AUDITORS shall have the absolute right to refuse or cancel any order placed for such merchandise or services and RE: THE AUDITORS is released from liability for doing so. Your only remedy is to return to RE: THE AUDITORS or the third party offering such merchandise the product purchased and request a refund, which RE: THE AUDITORS or such third party may or may not grant in their sole discretion.
11. Submissions: RE: THE AUDITORS welcomes your comments but does not accept unsolicited submissions and we cannot review your submissions. RE: THE AUDITORS has adopted this policy to avoid misunderstandings about content RE: THE AUDITORS develops, which may appear to be similar to someone else’s idea, suggestion or material. If you choose to submit material to RE: THE AUDITORS despite this request not to submit content, RE: THE AUDITORS will not treat any submission as confidential. RE: THE AUDITORS will not be liable for any use or disclosure of that submission to any third party and/or for loss of any material submitted and may use such submission for any purpose. By submitting material to this Web Site you acknowledge that the material may be identical with or similar to themes, plots, ideas, formats or other elements that RE: THE AUDITORS has independently developed or that has or may come to RE: THE AUDITORS from other sources. You represent and warrant that the submission is wholly original to you and its use will not violate the rights, common law or otherwise, of any kind or nature whatsoever of any third party or entity. Any submission will become the sole property of RE: THE AUDITORS and will not be returned to you and RE: THE AUDITORS shall not be required to respond to any submission received. You agree that you are not entitled to any compensation by reason of RE: THE AUDITORS‘s use of similar or identical material.
12. Disclaimer And Release Of Liability YOU AGREE THAT USE OF THIS WEB SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. RE: THE AUDITORS, ITS AFFILIATES OR PARENT COMPANIES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SHAREHOLDERS, INVESTORS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE OR PROVIDE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE WEB SITE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR MERCHANDISE PROVIDED THROUGH THE WEB SITE. RE: THE AUDITORS DOES NOT REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT THE WEB SITE WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOU ARE SOLELY RESONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED FROM OR OTHERWISE PROVIDED THORUGH THE WEB SITE. RE: THE AUDITORS DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTAIBLITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTCIUILAR PURPOSE FOR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCT OR SERVICE OFFERED ON THIS WEB SITE. RE: THE AUDITORS IS NOT LIABILE FOR ANY INJURY ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF THIS WEB SITE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT OR SIMILAR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND EVEN IF WE ARE ADVISED BEFOREHAND OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES ON ANY THOERY OF LIABILITY. RE: THE AUDITORS IS NOT LIABILE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU. YOU AGREE THAT RE: THE AUDITORS‘S LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF ANY KIND OF LEGAL CLAIM IN ANY WAY CONNECTED TO THIS WEB SITE SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO RE: THE AUDITORS FOR THE USE OF THE WEB SITE DURING THE TWELVE MONTH PERIOD IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE DATE THE INCIDENT UNDERLYING SUCH CLAIM OCCURRED. RE: THE AUDITORS ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (I) ERRORS, OMISSIONS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT CONTAINED ON THE WEBSITE, (II) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEB SITE, (III) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, AND/OR (IV) ANY CONDUCT BY USERS OF THE WEB SITE. SOME STATES OR OTHER JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF ANY APPLICABLE AUTHORITY HOLDS ANY PORTION OF THIS SECTION TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, THEN IN SUCH CASE RE: THE AUDITORS LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST POSSIBLE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.
13. Indemnification: You agree, at all times, to defend, indemnify and hold harmless RE: THE AUDITORS, its respective affiliates and parent companies and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders and agents from and against any and all claims, actions, liabilities, damages, injuries, costs and expenses including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees and court costs, arising out of any use you make of the Web Site, your violation of this Agreement, or your violation of any rights of another person or entity.
14. Governing Law: This Web Site originates from and is maintained in the United States of America. This Agreement has been made in and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Illinois. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Illinois in all disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement or use of this Web Site. This Agreement shall not be governed by the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. Any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of this Web Site must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises and you hereby expressly waive any right you may have under applicable federal, state or local statutes of limitations. RE: THE AUDITORS makes no representations regarding the legality of access to or use of the Web Site or the materials contained herein from other countries. Access in countries where the materials contained herein are illegal is prohibited. Users who access the Web Site from outside the United States do so at their own risk.
15. Severability: If any portion of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other portion of this Agreement, which shall remain in full force and affect.
16. Entire Agreement: This Agreement and any rules for the Web Site established by RE: THE AUDITORS constitutes the entire agreement between the parties concerning the subject matter hereof and supersedes all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to that subject matter.
17. Headings: The paragraph headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be used to limit any portion of this Agreement.
19. Electronic Communications: By using the Web Site, you consent to receiving electronic communications from RE: THE AUDITORS. These communications will include notices about your account and information concerning or related to the Web Site. These communications are part of your relationship with RE: THE AUDITORS and you receive them as part of your user account. You agree that any notice, agreements, disclosure or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including that such communications be in writing.
20. Termination: We reserve the right to terminate your user account immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason. If we terminate your account, your right to use the Web Site will immediately cease. All provisions of this Agreement will survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity, and limitations of liability.
21. Dispute Resolution: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this Agreement, or the breach thereof, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association, and judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrators will be selected from a panel of persons having experience with and knowledge of electronic commerce, software code development, and the Internet. The place of arbitration shall take place in Chicago, Illinois, USA. Any judicial proceeding following arbitration shall take place in the State or Federal courts within the judicial district where the arbitration took place.